Getting to Minneapolis
Getting to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
The Twin Cities campus at the University of Minnesota is one of the
largest urban campuses in the country, spanning five miles from east to
west. The University is sectioned into three areas; East Bank, West Bank
and St. Paul. All presentations will be held on East Bank.
The following directions are to Coffman Memorial Union. Registration, keynotes, and meals will all be held at The Great Hall.
- From the South
- Take 35W and merge onto I-94 East and follow the I-94 directions below.
- From the North
- From 35W, take the University Avenue/4th Street exit. Turn left at University Avenue and head toward the East Bank. Turn right onto Oak Street, then right onto Fulton Street SE. Fulton Street becomes East River Road. East River Road parking garage entrance will be on your right.
- From the East and West
- Take the Huron Boulevard exit from I-94 (north exit only). Take first left onto Fulton Street SE. Fulton Street becomes East River Road. East River Road parking garage entrance will be on your right.
Several bus lines operate in the Twin Cities metro and many have direct routes to the U. Check out the service from your area.
- Metro Transit (largest transit provider)
- Anoka County Transit (Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Elk River, Fridley, Ramsey)
- Maple Grove Transit (Maple Grove)
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Rosemount and Savage)
- Plymouth Metrolink (Plymouth)
- SouthWest Transit (Chanhassen, Chaska, Eden Prairie, Victoria)
- From St. Paul Campus
- Shuttles depart in front of the St. Paul Student Center on Buford Avenue. Trip time to Coffman Union is approximately 15 minutes.
- From West Bank Campus
- From the West Bank, shuttles stop at the lower level of Blegen Hall on Washington Avenue. When you arrive at the Coffman Union stop, walk south to arrive at Coffman Union. Trip time to Coffman Union is approximately 5 minutes.
- Departing Coffman Union
- Shuttles depart in front of the building on Washington Ave.
By Light Rail
The Twins Cities is navigable via light rail with two lines.
The METRO Green Line travels right down Washington Avenue through the heart of the East Bank campus. The METRO Blue Line offers individuals quick and easy access to key destinations like the airport and the Mall of America.
- Coffman Disability and Short-term Parking
- The 1,900 space East River Road Garage provides both disability and short-term parking for Coffman and the East Bank campus. With an attached entrance to the south side of the building, the East River Road Garage is easily accessible from Delaware Street. For rates and maps please visit Parking and Transportation Services.
Coffman Memorial Union has two loading docks, one next to each entrance on the east and west sides of the building. For loading dock utilization, please contact the Event Services office at 612-624-9954. Parking at the loading docks is prohibited and Parking & Transportation Services will ticket if necessary.